Jim Fulton wrote:
I've posted a proposal to simplify local component management at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/LocalComponentManagementSimplification

Comments and questions are welcome.

I hope to begin working on this this weekend on my adapter redesign branch:

  http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/branches/jim-adapter/

I'd love to get some help on the UI. :)

As Stephan pointed out, I forgot to provide an API for unregistering components.
This is obviously important for persistent registries, but would also be useful
for in-memory registries for use in test tear-down code.

I've updated the proposed APIs. I changed wording from "provide" to "register"
as "unprovide" doesn't make sense. (This also conglicts less with existing
APIs.)

Comments and questions are still welcome.

Jim