On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 08:41, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
I built such a password + confirmation widget for the Document Library application we've been working on. It would not be difficult at all to put this in the hurry library for others to use. Or maybe it should go
in Zope3's codebase?

I'll put that on my todo list :)

We really have to figure out, how we want to support such high- level widgets and other code. After having talked to the Plone people and have talked to Roger again this week, I am realizing we need a solution. And all parties want one. Any ideas? A Zope 3 collective? Of course I would like to enforce the license (ZPL) and control the quality, both of which are not done in the
Plone collective.

That's what the Zope Foundation is supposed to be--and the zope.org repository is to be the Zope Foundation's repository AIUI. We're adding projects with that understanding.

Of course, what you are proposing is exactly what Zope 3 base is, I believe.

I'd like to think that the Zope Foundation would make those splinters less desirable.