Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 07 February 2006 00:31, suresh wrote:

No it is not. Explicit is better then implicit. "declareSite" creates a
new site in the sites mapping. We use this pattern for layers and skins

Can you have <site...> directives without a corresponding
<declareSite...>? What would that achieve?

Probably not. In this case the <site name="foo"> directive would raise an exception saying that no site with name "foo" exists.

In which case I tend to agree with Dieter that <declareSite ...> is redundant and ZCML ceremony that we can without! If that pattern is being used elsewhere, may be we can eliminate it everywhere in one refactoring :)