On 2/7/06, Alen Stanisic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> upcoming marketing campaign :).  The X can send this message better
> than any other single character and it's not as obtrusive as adding or
> changing a name.  I believe to certain extent there is already
> understanding out there that X could mean XP.

If we must add something at all, I don't see that it needs to be a
single letter.  Adding the X would simply make the confusion worse,
anyway, given that only a limited amount of "marketing" will get done
anyway.

So why not say "it's about XP" and make it "Zope XP 3.x.y"?

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin