On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 04:49:55PM -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
| Martin Aspeli wrote:
| >On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:40:51 -0000, Shane Hathaway
| ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
| >Why am I not just using Apache?
| >Would I be learning this beast that is Zope?
| The content is not necessarily static.  If you drop a .zpt file in the
| directory, and some ZCML has mapped .zpt to PageTemplateFile, the result
| is generated on the fly.

FWIW apache does this too.  I did some experiments with a script that
would take a .rst (ReStructuredText) file and generate the HTML on the
fly and put a handler in apache's config.

| It's a rapid prototyping tool and a gentle
| entry into the world of Zope.

It's the other scenarios that make it more interesting.  Also having
the possibility of the long-running zope process to manage session
state and other stuff like that for you.

He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.
        Proverbs 13:13
www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]