kit BLAKE wrote:
In 'normal' tal we often refactor our defines to improve efficiency.
When something is called more than once in a template, we define it at
the beginning, and then use it multiple times. This improves
performance dramatically of course.

On another note, I think that tal:define="" is the ugliest part of zpt.

If only it was possible to define which attributes could be set by a tal expression, and then put the tal into the attribute itself, I would be happier.

So instead if this:

   tal:attributes="href here/absolute_url;
                   title here/title;
                   id here/getId"

I could write this:

   tal:attributes="href; id; title"

All that would be needed for this syntax, is if an attribute in tal:attributes didn't have a definition, it would look in the attribute itself for the tal.

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark
IT's Mad Science