Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 12. Februar 2006 19:18:51 +0100 Max M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    tal:attributes="href here/absolute_url;
                    title here/title;
                    id here/getId"

I could write this:

    tal:attributes="href; id; title"

That's really syntactical sugar. The purpose of the tal: names is clearly
to tell the parser to do _something_ with the value of an attribute. Now
should a parser guess if the value of an attribute is something to be processed or not? -1 for such ideas.

That's more or less what i18n:attributes="attr1 attr2 ..." does already.

We continued the discussioned off-list earlier, and one idea that came up was:

what do we need to carry along the "context", "here", "request", "view" variables ... instead of having a single namespace, i.e. if I pass {'title': 'some title'} to the template, it is tempting to be able to write:

instead of:

one of the reasons for adding the 'here' namespace is that 'title' could as well be a local variable. But if "tal:define" is not implemented that is not an issue anymore since there are no local variables. That's what other template languages do by the way, I guess that CTAL will simplify things too by exposing a single data structure to the user where everything is merged already.