Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Lennart Regebro wrote:

On 2/13/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yet again looking for comments, this time at:

What happens if you want to add your own statements? Should you still
do that in your own namespace?

No. But I don't think that it'll be much of a problem. I expect that not a lot
of 3rd party packages will need their own set of ZCML directives.

Currently I know of five and union.cms doing it. I'm certainly considering doing so for Silva. Then there's the example of many packages in the Zope 3 core which are actually quite independent from the core itself, such as the email package, and may in the future become Zope extensions.

I'd say adding a namespace is a common method for abstracting application specific component configuration tasks. I also don't see what's bad about it and why we'd like to discourage it.