On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:59:32 +0100 Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> I've being working on integrating Balazs Ree's CTAL interpreter recently
>> (added tests, fixes, etc.). CTAL is the equivalent of TAL but for
>> javascript.
>
> I just googled around for this, and couldn't find it, but I'm intrigued.
> Any link?

I made it some time ago just as an experiment, I was interested in having
the equivalent of TAL on the client side. The implementation is far from
complete but it's actually usable. If you are interested, best to check it
out from the link Jean-Marc gave in the other mail (and I indeed might put
it up somewhere in svn on its own).

I think the main advantage is that if someone already knows TAL can
generate html from a template and raw data on the client side (which
is one of the tipical AJAX usage patterns) without the need to learn
another method or write dom manipulation in javascript.

--
Balazs Ree