Sidnei da Silva said the following on 2006-02-14 12:15:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:17:04AM +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
| Shaun Cutts said the following on 2006-02-14 07:37:
| I have seriously considered trying out Django and similar tools to see | if they would fit better with the kind of applications I need to do, but | I really like the power that Zope as a platform offers, even in Zope 2.

Then comes a question. Did anyone try reusing parts of Django inside
Zope 3?

I do not know; in reality I have to confess that I have not had the time to do things with neither Zope3 nor Django, I have only thought about and tried to weigh pros and cons based on my own experiences with Zope 2 and by reading what others have reported.

What I feel is that there is a gap between the kind of applications that I need to build and the requirements that the current set of Zope 2 tools have about the underlying architecture. I can see how the tools themselves have good, solid functionality whose value if apparent even for non-content applications but the very tight ties to the ZODB for everything makes it harder than necessary to interact outside the boudnaries that exist.

I just would like it to be easier to work with Zope and {CMF or it's successors} when data is not inside the ZODB.

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley