Balazs Ree wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:41:36 +0100 Martijn Faassen wrote:

Are you interested in recovering some of there Zope TAL based regex stuff
from Sapling? I'd be happy to merge it in. ctal doesn't appear to have
this yet.

I must have a look, of course any enhancement would be great - and since
the main user at the moment is Jean-Marc, I would be interested in his
opinion.

Okay - I don't have a lot of time so I'd need to find first it to do work on this, but I'm quite excited that TAL in javascript is making a comeback, and it'd be nice if that old code of mine could serve a purpose in the future. :)

'ctal' is a somewhat confusing name by the way, you'd think it
was TAL implemented in C, another interesting project I've dabbled with on
and off in the past.
I agree but if we change the name we should do it right now. What name
(prefix) would you suggest? Only thing, it needs to be different from
"tal" (since it must allow mixing the two namespaces in the same page) and
I personally would also be against "jtal". "ctal" was meant to stand for
"client tal" but indeed it might not be the finest choice.

Aah, now I understand where the 'c' comes from. What about 'btal', browser tal?

Regards,

Martijn