Max M wrote:

The problem is that all the people used to LAMP will come to Zope and think "Well I will need to think differently here. Thats a bother. I will use sql for everything like usual." And so we will get a lot of duplicated efforts and half-baked Zope developers, who will desperately try to use Zope for SQL development.

Let us not worry about the "half-baked developers" but instead think about how the ideas in Zope itself can benefit a larger community of developers.

Remember its the "Z Object Publishing Enviroment"?

Has been around a while with ZSQL support and the net is littered with war stories about how people have burnt their fingers using Zope for SQL development. The mechanism of loading objects from the filesystem is going to set anybody back.

My 2 paise,

Suresh