Stephan Richter wrote:
That said, there might still be a small percentage of cases where custom
directives are a valid tool. I can accept their being on the same namespace
as others. In fact, I would like it to be that way, reducing the amount of
dead chickens (namespace declarations).

I do not think namespace declarations are dead chickens. For me declaring a namespace in ZCML is the same as importing a package or module in Python. You would not want all functions and classes in Python live in one namespace, would you?

The more namespaces, the more needs to be learned, the more confusion. ZCML is not python, comparing the two isn't right.

I'm all for simpler and simpler zcml...