Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Cool. I'll adjust the proposal tomorrow. I wonder if Benji would be ok
with it, given he objected browser:skin...

It's not really that I object to browser:skin specifically, it's just that when one thing can be expressed in terms of another and reused as a single entity it would seem to be a good idea to do so. After all when coding we write new functions using existing functions and language atoms. But what I'm envisioning is probably too far-reaching to fit into this discussion so I'll refrain from that line of discussion.

One downside to the expanded interface directive is that it hides the fact that a utility is also being created. I actually prefer the browser:skin version because it totally hides the underlying "atomic" operations, but the <interface>-also-registers-a-utility version conflates two atomic operations.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer