I am new to Zope3, but I have background knowledge in J2EE.
So, I would like to know the forms of communication between distributed components or distributed components and clients. As far as I know, Zope focusses on HTML communication, also allowing XML-RPC calls to components. But is this still the only possiblity? If yes, how could security be integrated in such communication? And if yes, I mean is that a disadvantage in comparision to J2EE where RMI enables communication to server still like local calls. If no, what other kinds of communication are possible?

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards