Paul Winkler wrote:
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 02:16:05AM -0700, Jeff Shell wrote:
I think that Zope 2 suffered heavily from the "too many ways to do it"
when it came to ways of doing development, and there were gulfs
between each style. Each style had its plusses too. ZClasses certainly
had an appreciative audience who liked defining schemas and building
forms automatically through the web with little programming required.
But working with templates and scripts in  ZClasses had a bit of a
different feel and behavior than working with those things in the
'content' space of the site. And it was very different than working
with file system based products.

+1.  The killer moment for me with ZClasses was when I realized
I wanted to convert one to a filesytem Product and that meant
I had to literally throw away everything and start from scratch.
Never again.

now, if you could export all the behavior to sane fs code, would that moment still have been a killer?

or would suddenly TTW just be another part of the toolchain?