Jeff Shell wrote:
I guess I still don't understand how you're using Zope 3, because it
sounds like you're using it very differently than I am. I've long
since abandoned the ZMI. I never see that list of addable objects (in
fact, in my newest applications, I completely bypass IAdding). I
basically see the "Zope 3 ZMI" long enough to add one of my
sites/applications. At that point, my skins take over, and that's all
I see. The rotterdam skin is there as last resort to get out of
trouble or to tweak local utility configurations.

In my last project, reusing the ZMI seemed like a good idea. Maybe that was a bad choice. Do you start with an empty site.zcml? I haven't dared yet. :-)