On Feb 18, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

In my last project, reusing the ZMI seemed like a good idea. Maybe that was a bad choice. Do you start with an empty site.zcml? I haven't dared yet. :-)

We started mostly from scratch, with various successes and failures as we tried to reuse large-scale UI/framework. I'd say that we've generally been happier and more successful reusing lots of small components and small-scale UI bits, versus large "framework" things like the ZMI (others with whom I work, feel free to disagree ;-). I regard the "smaller zope 3" and "eliminate zope.app" movements as signs that this is a shared feeling.