Dominik Huber wrote:
We came up with the same solution first. But our problem appears within the following use case.

A few developers are sharing code on application level (not package level!) for different dedicated customer projects. They have problems to setup identical dev-environments (packages with the same revisions etc.).

I need to carefully reread your message and reply with more detail later, but I'll make a drive-by comment first. :)

Ultimately, reproducible developer buildouts can never be represented solely with Subversion (or likely any RCS). If you've been able to structure your projects such that it works, that's great, but that use case shouldn't be a driving force behind the common repository layout.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation