In both your emails, tracebacks would be helpful.

Yep.  :)

verifyObject/verifyClass (almost?) always gives the name of the part of the interface that it found lacking. It is sometimes hard to parse the exception, I grant. Care to give the tail end of the traceback and the interface?

I'm doing it play-by-play from a book, and unfortunately I don't have the code to reproduce it. But as far as I can remember, it just said that the class or instance didn't verify against the interface, without any explanation of which attribute or method it was failing on, which could've been a good thing to know.