On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Max M wrote:
Splitting up Zope to let people use seperate pieces of Zope aka Zed is not a valid reason. Good software practise is a valid reason. But catering for those few developers that wants to use just a few pieces is probably not worth the effort.

Here's one of the reasons I want good packaging: I'd like to continue using Zope-the-technology even if the Zope-the-brand loses all recognition. Whether in the future I'm working on DjangoRailsGears 3.0 or Zope3006 or Plone-NG, I'd like to be able to carry the various bits of technology that make up Zope around with me reasonably easily and run it under different Python platforms. I say this with my cynical and Zope-bigoted "consultant" hat on. There. I said it. ;-)

- C