Stephan Richter wrote:
On Saturday 04 March 2006 21:26, Jim Fulton wrote:

Is a proposal for using ConfigParser, rather than ZConfig for high-level

Comments welcome.

I am +1. Anything that allows us to decrease our code base and use a standard tool is good. We can always have a schema-verifying layer on top of ConfigParser. Validating the fields is currently the biggest advantage of ZConfig.

And, now that you mention it, the schema system used by ZConfig is unique
to ZConfig. For historical reasons, it doesn't use zope.schema.  It would be
fairly easy to provide a simple schema system for ConfigParser data based
on zope.schema for verification and conversion.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation