Stephan Richter wrote:
I usually do not send messages like that, but in light of the recent discussions about vision, viewing this will give us all some perspective on what people are looking for:

I think currently Zope 3 would end up a little bit better than J2EE, but not much.

+1. Note that a large portion of the Java community has rejected J2EE. I think the Python community is even less receptive to something J2EE-like than the Java community.

I also think that the priorities the narrator sets are real ones representing a lot of people. So let's discuss this movie a little bit and see how we could do well in his evaluation.

It is a beautiful story and I dearly want it to work. But the story currently has major limitations; developers reach a point where they have to make a big switch, learn numerous libraries, and rewrite a lot of their code. How can we fix that?

Part of the problem is that Zope 3 makes too great a distinction between developers and scripters. Successful scripters become developers, and developers often act as scripters. I think the use cases need to see scripters and developers as the same people. The other Python web frameworks seem to be oriented this way and they've had a lot of success.