Andreas Jung wrote:
XML as config format must die :-) ZConfig has the right balance between
a stupid INI format and XML.

+sys.maxint

The weak point at this discussion (as I mentioned earlier) is that we are discussion about a format and not about a flexible configuration framework that solves the problems at ZConfig has. The format used at the end to feed the framework with data is pure syntactical sugar.

I don't think ZConfig does too bad a job in this area either ;-)

The idea to use schemas makes sense especially because schemas seem to provide everything you need right now. The only thing I have no clue about is how one would define hierachies through schemas (possibly through nested schemas)?

I dunno that schemas are such a good fit here, but maybe that just demonstrates my lack of knowledge about them...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk