On Wednesday 08 March 2006 23:52, Sam Stainsby wrote:
> No 'bar' attribute needed!

I'll note that in the Python community we consider it an advantage of using
attributes/properties versus accessor and mutator methods. This distinction
between an attribute- versus method-centric object oriented programming
language has been discussed in many articles.

Note that we provide several other mechanisms to extend functionality; for
example, the event system. Overall Zope (like most other Python code) is
optimized to work with attributes/properties. We just like them too much! :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter