Chris Withers wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Jim, Stefan suggested you might be the best person to ask about this?

Yes, it is a known bug.

Okay, is the bug in the documentation or the functionality?

Take your pick.  The feature is mainly for backward compatibility.

I'd be happy to drop it, especially since I didn't catch
this before the 2.9/3.2 releases, which I deeply regret.
(Those releases were, sadly, such a scramble.  I wish I hadn't
spent so much time trying to improve the Twisted integration.)

Dropping the feature  would make this a documentation bug. :)

Is there another issue open for this anywhere?

Does there need to be?

This would not be hard for someone else to fix. Volunteers
are welcome.

Jim