Dieter Maurer wrote:
Note, that configuration files should be understand and
adaptable by administrators. Therefore, they should be readable
and understandable -- without an understanding of the implementation
(but with reading of the component documentation).

As Jeffrey pointed out (and as I mentioned in my recent proposal),
ZCML provides low-level configuration. It is aimed at developers,
not adminstrators.  Adminsitrators will use high-level configuration
languages like ZConfig or ConfigParser.

Jim