Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Yup.

BTW, a general thing to keep in mind:

- Indirection and abstraction are inherently bad because they
  hide things. :)
  (This is a corolary of "explicit is better than implicit".)

- But indirection and abstraction can provide benefits that outweight
  their inherent bad-ness.

Whenever we consider ptoviding a high-level/automated facility, we have
to weigh the benefit against the inherient badness.
[...]

Jim

yes, except that ZCML adds strictly no abstraction compared to what would have been written in python. It only "paraphrases" python by
hiding lines of code.

I was refering to high-level ZCML, such browser:page, browser:menu, etc
vs low-level directives like adapter.

Jim