Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

I suspect we're in a state of violent agreement here. :)

Then why do people have to argue every single point ad nauseum?

Because we want to understand the current decisions and thinking. I never intend to argue, but email is such a poor discussion medium that the words often come out sounding like an argument.

The statement "explicit is better than implicit, except when it's not" is void of any meaning. I think I know what it means, but I can only guess what you think it means. I attempted to elaborate so you can confirm or deny a common understanding. I don't think I elaborated enough, though. It seems to be a fundamental principle for building Zope 3, so we all need to understand it the same way.

Back on topic, the message I'm hearing about ZCML is confusing: high level configuration is good, but ZCML isn't going to handle it because we want to limit the number of directives. Does that mean we're going to use Python code to generate ZCML? (That's a rhetorical question... I think.)