Jim Fulton wrote:
I'd have no problem with generating actions in Python.  It would allow
greater control and would probably make action generation much faster.
If we did this, We'd probably want to improve the action-generation
API.  We'd also need to think about how action info should be
generated, especially wrt error reporting.

Perhaps we should support both ZCML and python action generation.

Cool. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I now realize that if I write Zope 3 software using Python code for configuration or action generation, I won't be swimming upstream. Thanks.

Shane