Gary Poster wrote:

On Mar 20, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Monday 20 March 2006 09:35, Jim Washington wrote:
[...]
BTW, I would be glad to see a proposal to add this to the core. I think httpgz
is general very interesting to a lot of people.

+1
If it goes into the core, httpgz can be done much more elegantly. Perhaps another proposal could suggest a method for registering and sequencing post-processing utilities?

I can think of several possible post-content-generation operations that might take advantage of such a hook.
- javascript minimization / obfuscation
- watermarking or tagging pdf's and images
- inserting 'this is the development site, not the real site' or copyright statements
- tidying - wow the folks that 'view source'
- httpgz
- zc.resourcelibrary

-Jim Washington