Tres Seaver wrote:
I'm not sure what Chris meant, but the change to the visual output of
the testrunner when running "with dots" seems gratuitous to me, as well
- -- I don't see any benefit to the "indented, narrower" output,
especially because it's "prettiness" gets fouled up anyway by
deprecation warnings, etc.  I objected to the change enough to file
collector issues:

  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1958

  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/493

Your objections are and were noted.  I don't really
care about the format. I thought I had improved the output
at the time.  I find the new format easier to read myself
but I really don't care. If people would prefer a different
format, someone please change it.

What's really depressing about this is that we are spending
so much energy and angst over the layout of dots.

What the heck are you talking about? What doesn't work?

Zope 2.9 broke the 'confiugre-make' dance in several ways, due (I think)

What does that have to do with the test runner?

Jim