Jim Fulton wrote:
> Obviously, I'm in favor of this.  I fear though that this will cause me
> a lot of pain.  I'm in the middle of a bit of a geddon on the jim-adapter
> branch.  The valuable work you propose is probably going to make my merge
> a lot harder.  I hope to be ready to merge by branch in a couple of weeks,
> but it's been hard finding time to work on this lately, so I can't
> promise.
> I can think of 2 ways to reduce my pain:
> - Hold of on this work until I merge by branch.
> - Do this work on my branch.
> The second approach probably makes more sense.

I was going to ask you about this on IRC. Now you beat me to it :). It's
perfectly ok with me doing the changes on your branch.

> Either of these have the risk that I'll never merge my
> branch, but I'm confident that I'll be able to merge well
> before May 1.

What are the things that people could help you with?

I was going to propose to merge your branch now so that we won't have
the concurrency pain. Last time I checked, all the tests pass; you only
get a lot of deprecation warnings, but that can be fixed. Perhaps if the
branch was merged, more people might be able to help.

> It would be great to focus on doing whatever is necessary to
> avoid including zope.app in Zope 2.

This is what the proposal (http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/MakeZopeAppSmaller)
focuses on indeed.

Zope3-dev mailing list
Unsub: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/options/zope3-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

Reply via email to