Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Obviously, I'm in favor of this.  I fear though that this will cause me
a lot of pain.  I'm in the middle of a bit of a geddon on the jim-adapter
branch.  The valuable work you propose is probably going to make my merge
a lot harder.  I hope to be ready to merge by branch in a couple of weeks,
but it's been hard finding time to work on this lately, so I can't

I can think of 2 ways to reduce my pain:

- Hold of on this work until I merge by branch.

- Do this work on my branch.

The second approach probably makes more sense.

I was going to ask you about this on IRC. Now you beat me to it :). It's
perfectly ok with me doing the changes on your branch.

Either of these have the risk that I'll never merge my
branch, but I'm confident that I'll be able to merge well
before May 1.

What are the things that people could help you with?

When I get a bit further, it would help a lot if someone
could work on the new registration UI.  If anyone is interested,
please let me know.

I was going to propose to merge your branch now so that we won't have
the concurrency pain. Last time I checked, all the tests pass; you only
get a lot of deprecation warnings, but that can be fixed. Perhaps if the
branch was merged, more people might be able to help.

I think this would be too risky given time-based releases.  I really
don't want people to check software into the trunk that they don't
honestly beleave is ready for a beta release.

It would be great to focus on doing whatever is necessary to
avoid including in Zope 2.

This is what the proposal (
focuses on indeed.

Yup. I know. I wanted to emphasize that this would allow us to stop using
zpkg for Zope 2.  zpkg hasn't exactly been popular on the Zope 2 side. :)
I really hope we can use eggs to knit Zope 3 into Zope 2, but I fear I won't
have time to make this happen. (Maybe someone else can.)

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation