Tres Seaver wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

The case of class/factory is arguable, I admit. However, there I'm just
following the rule of a) defining things in Python and registering them in
ZCML and b) use more basic ZCML directives, less special ones.

I think we could argue the following equally well:  if you find a
directive unuseful, *just don't use it*.

Such a practice, while allowing co-existence of different viewpoints, hinders reuse of components among different developers. If a pool of independent components use different directives to accomplish the same thing, to integrate them into my project I need to understand how most of those directives work.

Parties ignoring differents sets of directives encourages islands of development and henders communication.

-Jeff