On Apr 7, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Jeff Rush wrote:

Perhaps this is an old topic, although I've done searches. I've seen the brief discussion about security proxies and the Decimal type on zope3-users, but (to zope3-dev) what about getting it added to the zope.schema as a first-class field type? So we can have auto-generated HTML forms and such?

Has anyone already done this, in some Zope3 branch or private development?

Not as far as I know.

If not, is there any good reason it should not happen? Must Zope3 support Python versions prior to the introduction of the Decimal type?

Not as far as I know.

I'm willing to tackle it and make a submission, otherwise.