[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
The name "browser" for a namespace sux IMHO ;)

The idea of a namspace called browser is the following:

We use the namespace browser for *presentations* (the earlier name for pages) which depends on the IBrowserRequest.
This is also reflected in the package structure like:

package
  browser

For other request types like FTPRequest, XMLRPC or JSON etc we use:

package
  ftp
  xmlrpc
  json

Perhaps this is to technical and will confuse people which don't
know the base concepts of request type interfaces. But since no
tehchnical peple have no chance to develope with z3 I think
this naming is OK.

At some point it will be necessary to make the framework understandable for "normal" UI designers or we'll stick with ugly user interfaces forever :)

How is a browser defined in Zope 3 and how are these names related to it?

[...]

All of this directive are based on the IBrowserRequest.
Other requests like FTPRequest don't have a menu layer etc.

How is a BrowserRequest different from a HTTPRequest?

Tonico