Am Dienstag, den 25.04.2006, 23:50 -0400 schrieb Tres Seaver:
> Smells like a fix didn't get forward-ported somehow -- that looks like
> the same error I helped Tim find and fix for Zope 2.
> CC'ing the ZODB list just in case anyone there has a better memory.
> Here is the NEWS.txt entry for that fix:
>  DemoStorage
>  -----------
>  - (3.4a4) Appropriate implementations of the storage API's
>    ``registerDB()`` and ``new_oid()`` methods were added, delegating to
>    the base storage.  This was needed to support wrapping a ZEO client
>    storage as a ``DemoStorage`` base storage, as some new Zope tests
>    want to do.

I remembered there was a fix like that. Unfortunately that fix was
ported to the 3.6 branch actually. I'm poking around myself a bit more.

What I found right now is that BaseStorage accesses an attribute "_oid"
on the Storage given as a Base to find the highest oid currently used.
This is used for the new_oid implementation as a comment right before it

I'll keep looking and try to find a fix.