Balazs Ree wrote:
However there is nothing that would keep away a server to be "aware" of
currently open pages and be able to send notifications to them. This would
also require server support for registering open connections. This pattern
might even turn out to be so useful, that we will see it generally
supported in five years from now.

On the other hand the same functionality can also be accomplished by
"traditional" AJAX polling. So at the moment, when talking about AJAX, one
usually speaks of the currently implementable "server pull"
approach.

Something I'd like to play with would be an integration of Zope 3 events and MochiKit's signals. Perhaps queuing events on the server and the client could periodically retrieve them. The client could also queue events or send them immediately to the server.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer