On Jun 15, 2006, at 10:42 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to develop with eggs now in a straight Zope 3.3 instance. I've make it all work with Schooltool, but that's hardly a "normal" Zope 3 install, and now I'm trying to figure out the way of working with egg dependencies in the face of a Zope 3 instance home setup.

I'm working on something sort of along the same lines, but more
general.

See the fledgeling zc.buildout project:

  http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/

In particular look at:

http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/src/zc/buildout/buildout.txt? view=auto

http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/testrunnerrecipe/src/zc/ recipe/testrunner/README.txt?view=auto

http://svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/eggrecipe/src/zc/recipe/egg/ README.txt?view=auto

Some things to note:

- We install scripts that have paths baked into them.
  This has a number of advantages:

  o You don't need a custom site.py.

  o You can have multiple scripts that use different
      egg versions.

  o You don't need Python path set in special ways

  o Scripts don't have to load setuptools

- There is a test-runner recipe that generates a test runner
  script based on eggs to be tested.

It was my intent to use this to manage eggs-based Zope
checkouts.

I plan to present this work at EuroPython.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org