On Jun 16, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

whatever the result of today's bugday should be: Please make another packaged release (beta2 or rc or whatever).

After fiddling around quite a while yesterday to figure out how to make a release package to verify that the package problems with the missing BBB imports are gone I noticed another thing failing. (See issue 649)

I asked for another release when the earlier packaging bug was fixed, but got told that "nobody tests betas anyway". I think that this is neither true nor friendly to those people who are trying to validate whether the backwards compatibility actually works.

IMHO packaging bugs should require another packaged release.

+1

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org