I'm pretty confident that this change does what it is intended to do (fix 592 and some inconsistencies along the way).

But as I had to figure out some pretty old code and some of the architecture and dependencies in zope.app.form.browser, I might have made a mistake, although I supplied tests and changed the existing tests according to my view of the world.

Here's the changeset for the trunk:

The changeset for Zope 3.3 is identical.