Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Concretely, what do you think about making lib/python in a Zope 3.3
>> instance a site for now (calling site.addsitedir())?
>
> I think it's a bad idea, mainly because it's too late to make such a
> change for 3.3. I tell you what I will do though, I'll promise, by
> the end of EP, to have a buildout that lets you define Zope 3.3
> instances with the eggs of your choice.

That sounds very interesting. However, zc.buildout is clearly aimed at
large deployment. A *simple* way of deploying eggs in instances would
still be needed (*I* need it, in fact); if not in Zope 3.3, then at
least later. Currently you only have to drop package directories into
INSTANCE/lib/python, something similar with eggs should also be possible.

I frequently get lost between sys.path, sys.prefix, .pth files and the
site.py module. The fact that a one line fix gets what we want seems
simple enough to me. As said, I'm not the expert here, though :)

Philipp