On Jun 26, 2006, at 5:54 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
Adding a call to addsitedir won't accomplish your stated goal of dropping eggs into lib/python and having them get used. For addsitedir to have any impact, you have to also manage the .pth files.

I don't know what you mean here. I don't recall managing any .pth files... If I add addsitedir to the right places, the eggs will be picked up. I have a test egg for the Document Library here that pulls in pyoai, lxml (dependency of pyoai), hurry.query, zc.catalog (dependency of hurry.query), hurry.workflow, and hurry.file.

If I include the right ZCML in package-includes, Document Library works.

Hm, do you have setuptools custom site.py installed as well?

The standard site,py doesn't do anything with eggs,  It just looks for
.pth files.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714