Hi,

Luis De la Parra wrote:
Hello,

has anyone tried the zodb with blob support in zope3 ?
I just was wondering if there are any plans to support it in the (near)
future.

There might be, as soon as we get it into the main line of ZODB. Chris and I are working on this every now and then. Due to some feedback we got recently, we'll integrate the blob branch into main ZODB in approximately Mid-August.

Today I changed the externals in my checkout to point to the blob-branch and
replaced the stringio in zope.file with a blob object, and it really
(almost) worked out of the box. The only things I had to do was to add some
removeSecurityProxys in the upload/download views because I couldn't figure
out how to make security declarations on the blob/file object, and replace
the "size" attribute with a property to get the size from the blob object.

the only thing that is still not working right now, is that deleting file
objects in the zodb leaves the files in the blob directory lying around,
and packing the database doesnt remove them either..

Humm. That's either a bug or a problem in the pattern of how to use blobs. I'll try to look into it. Do you think you can check your changes on Zope 3 into a branch so I can have a look at it? Alternatively I can use a patch.

Christian