Jim Fulton wrote:
Perhaps the system shouldn't
allow such combinations (adapter security + security of the class)?

I agree. This combination should raise a ConflictError IMHO.

I don't agree. It is reasonable to me that different adapters derived from the same class
could need different permission settings.

Hmm. Ok. We probably need a rephrase of what Philipp and I both seem think: we need a mechanism that makes debugging this situation better. It took way too long to find out what was going on.

I don't have a good idea for the solution yet, but I think that this is the actual goal, for which the ConflictError is probably not suitable.

Christian