Personally, I just want to switch to using eggs rather than externals. :)

Jim

On Aug 10, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
Benji York wrote:
Benji York wrote:
[craziness]

That'll teach me to reply to email before coffee. Philipp explained the
observed behavior.

And another argument for usning tags instead of 'branch + revision' for externals: if SVN doesn't remember that the external should be "frozen"
to the revision it was checked out with, then SVN is broken here.

/me *still* wants a 'svn ln' command which creates a read-only "tag"
from the combination of branch and revision, but the SVN team is
uninterested in supporting release managers' use cases, it seems.

I want that too! Actually, I would be happy with being able to give
revision numbers human-readable aliases. Then an external could still be
something like:

  testing -r zope.testing-0.2 svn://svn.zope.org/../zope/testing

zope.testing-0.2 would be an alias for, say, 49234. Of course, this also
requires that svn was not broken with externals like it is now.

Philipp

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org