On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:56 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Michael Kerrin wrote:
I have just added a new implemation of WebDAV to svn.zope.org

You rock!

Yeah, I look forward to looking at this too. :-)  Thanks, Michael!

...I also see that it uses zope.locking for the locking. How is that
different from zope.app.locking?

As far as ZC is concerned, it replaces it. It learns from zope.app.locking, while cleaning up and adding various features. See the the fine manual (README.txt) for details, as usual.

Is zope.app.locking actually maintained
or just another case for the fall cleaning?

Fall cleaning, as far as ZC concerned (and ZC originally contributed zope.app.locking).