Stephan Richter wrote:
I provided the troubling code in the original mail. You can also see my checkin from last night to look at a fix. I think my tests demonstrate the issue well.

Sorry, I unsubscribe from the lists when on holiday so I likely missed it...

Before playing with it, I would like to know what other people think. So,
what do you think?
Relying on something as unclear as this seems odd...

I started the thread to resolve the ambiguity.

I meant the concept is unclear, not the specific implementation...