Chris Withers wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Because it's clutter.

I call BS on that :-S

And because there should preferrably be only one way to do things.

Indeed, but why break existing code unnecessarilly?

Call it "BS" or "unnecessary". The reason why I think breaking existing code *eventually* is a good thing is still quoted here:

Theuni was recently very confused about the difference between three different APIs that do exactly the same thing (registering a utility). If we had deprecated at least the most confusing one of them (ztapi) already, it would probably have been much clearer.

Yeah, I see your point, but I agree with Jim's later in this thread ;-)

I don't think my point and Jim's are exclusive. In fact, I agree with Jim.